be still

Today, my small group shared in a time of confession and aspiration. I confessed my absence of sabbath. I am running low in my tank and I know that when I reach this state of exhaustion I let my guard down to tempation. One of the members of this group prayed for me that I would find that rest and rejuvination. I have been prayed for many times but this experience has re-opened my eyes to the power and refreshment of praying and being prayed for. Here is what has happened: 1) I have an instilled hope of rest; 2) I feel empowered to be still and know - to find true rest. I cannot escape the power of prayer, unexplainable it may be, but God resides with his children.
Your peace is present,
Your grace is free.
Empower my awareness,
So that I may rest in thee.
Amen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home