Haiti: Day 3
This was our last day at the Walls Guest House. We prepared to go out to Luly, a two hour drive west of Port Au Prince. We went to check out an organization called World Wide Village, that supposedly offered housing, medical attention and a safe environment. It didn't. It seemed to not offer a way for families to sustain living, just gave them a new environment. However, while we were in Luly, we stopped at an orphanage in Williamson called Hope for Haiti. It was a large, organized space and was a very good environment. It was an experience to travel out into the countryside, to see some of the Haitian agriculture.
It was great to have Stephane and Sheelove with us all day. I told Sheelove that I was a teacher for students about God, and he said he wanted me to teach him as be put his arm around me. It's amazing how God has given me a passion for teenagers, no matter what ethnicity.
We came to the orphanage at night to stay for the remainder of our trip. We have been loving on kids. We have met Andy and he is great! He is so cute and has a knack for drumming and rhythm.
We talked about our highs and lows together tonight. It was a good time to talk and unwind together. I continue to seek Gods guidance for me as I continue to search his hand for me in Haiti.
It was great to have Stephane and Sheelove with us all day. I told Sheelove that I was a teacher for students about God, and he said he wanted me to teach him as be put his arm around me. It's amazing how God has given me a passion for teenagers, no matter what ethnicity.
We came to the orphanage at night to stay for the remainder of our trip. We have been loving on kids. We have met Andy and he is great! He is so cute and has a knack for drumming and rhythm.
We talked about our highs and lows together tonight. It was a good time to talk and unwind together. I continue to seek Gods guidance for me as I continue to search his hand for me in Haiti.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home