Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Leviticus

So in my daily journey through the word I decided that I'm going to read through the Old Testament. I've attempted this before on a 'straight through' approach but it never ended as I planned in my head. So, I started with Leviticus...many rules and rituals pertaining to the Israelites. I'll be honest...I thought it was so awesome...underrated really. Yes it was dry, and repetitive, and even more dry than most books in the Bible but it pulled a heart string that I have not explored in this light. See Leviticus was a rule for righteousness, a rule of consecration* of a chosen people to a most holy and awesome God. It is about complete submission to God to abide by the 'rules' as to be 'holy as He is holy,' as the repetitively awesome phrase/theme is pounded out throughout the book. The meticulous detail of how to do and don't do things just reminded me how much we sacrifice to be a 'holy people.' It convicted me for sure, have I been the devout follower that I truly yearn and desire to be or have I just been blowing smoke. Just my take, I recommend you read through the book if you haven't in awhile. This is just my take on a dry, repetitive Old book, and I think it's great. peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home