Eucharist for All?

The thought has been crossing my mind lately. Should the Eucharist be for all, or for believers only? I have some strong opinions on this subject but I need some healthy dialogue.
My church (Nazarene) states that Communion is for believers. However, in my modest and novel approach, I can't help but think this is a miss. My conviction is this: The
Eucharist is an expression of worship; we worship God because he demands it and he showed true love through the cross; the cross shows us redemption and reconciliation; we are to imitate Christ and live cruciform lives; the cruciform life cannot exist without redemption and reconciliation being the intent of all actions; actions on our behalf occur through the power of the Holy Spirit; the Holy Spirit enables us to partake in the means of grace; the means of grace are for all.
Therefore, as grace, the Eucharist should serve as grace for all. It is not "special reserve," it is a "house special." Christ has done this for us; we should do this and allow this for others.
Peace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home