I think, therefore I am not...
If there is one thing that "thinking" teaches me in light of the cross, it is that I know nothing. I am nothing without the work of Christ. This I must confess, and confess often. The more I try to grasp God the more I cannot fathom. Here is the good news of God for us: He seeks us. Yes. Good News.
In humility I acknowledge that I cannot attain God. However, this does not mean I do not think about it. I think about how the entirety of my life is encompassed and filtered through God's kingdom. Of this, I too must confess that I fall short. Through falling short, I learn that it is only through God's grace and faithfulness that I continue receiving salvation. My life is broken and in need of redemption - always in need of the power of reconciliation.
A wise man once said, "We are never more Holy than when we are confessing." We are most like God when we deny "our image" and continue "being made" in his image. This is where thinking has gotten me. I think, therefore I am not - but he is...always, now and forever. Amen.
In humility I acknowledge that I cannot attain God. However, this does not mean I do not think about it. I think about how the entirety of my life is encompassed and filtered through God's kingdom. Of this, I too must confess that I fall short. Through falling short, I learn that it is only through God's grace and faithfulness that I continue receiving salvation. My life is broken and in need of redemption - always in need of the power of reconciliation.
A wise man once said, "We are never more Holy than when we are confessing." We are most like God when we deny "our image" and continue "being made" in his image. This is where thinking has gotten me. I think, therefore I am not - but he is...always, now and forever. Amen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home