Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Settling In...

It has been 15 days since we pulled up to our house on Feldspar Drive in Syracuse New York. Much has happened in the last 15 days from actually moving in, painting, setting up my office/s, and coming to terms with the fact that we don't live in Kansas anymore. Katie and I have had a few cry on the floor moments but are thankful that the people of CCC have welcomed us with open arms. We have truly been blessed, but blessing does not mean the absence of grieving, rather it is the embrace of the tension created from leaving to arriving.

Immediate Life-Lessons Learned: A ministry cannot be acclimated, organized and realized in 15 days. I have been working hard on "getting things done," but the work I am doing now will not be realized right away. "You will come home many days and feel like nothing has been accomplished, but it is 3-4 years down the road when you see that you were doing great work..." -Art Magnuson

Having a structured schedule is good for me. I must say it is better than my Starbucks schedule of not knowing if I was going to work at 5 a.m. or work until 11 p.m.

I have learned that I have taken the basics of the Christ journey for granted, such as prayer and scripture. Sure i've had many classes on the subjects, but now it's not class, it is life, and it is sustaining (and I am so thankful for the those classes more so now than I can remember).

I love teenagers. I love people. I pray that I may be faithful and absorb the little things in life. I pray that I may participate in the kingdom coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home