‘Till next time…
It is difficult to part with loved ones. It is hard to separate the natural webbing that grows between people as they have shared experiences and memories together that have impacted the lives of many. Separation hurts. Things change. Things will be different now.
I left the closest friends I have ever had in Kansas City. This separation is not permanent, but it is different; different can be difficult. I left behind an example of true community. When we needed a necessity, Cory and Vanessa provided. When we needed to just hang out carefree or needed help taking care of our dog or about anything handy really, Tanner and Liz have no match. When it comes to talking theology, Jake, Matt, Cory or Jon would enlighten me and keep me in check. To be honest, this entire group of people were our family. Speaking of family, we will now have to watch my brother’s and sister’s children grow up via skype, and hopefully actually see them a few times a year. Memories can hurt; grieving is happening.
What my being informs me of in this situation, an ontological response if you will, is that the hope I have is that these memories, these friends, are legitimately a part of me and who I am today. As we embark on our ministry in Syracuse, people will experience a little bit of Cory and Vanessa, Tanner and Liz, Matt and Nicole, Jake and Jenny, Jon and Monica, Chad and Michelle, and many more. These people have laughed with me, cried with me, corrected me, listened to me and respected me.
It has been an honor and a privilege to live life with them and they are now apart of me and will always be in my heart. So, here’s ‘till next time…
I left the closest friends I have ever had in Kansas City. This separation is not permanent, but it is different; different can be difficult. I left behind an example of true community. When we needed a necessity, Cory and Vanessa provided. When we needed to just hang out carefree or needed help taking care of our dog or about anything handy really, Tanner and Liz have no match. When it comes to talking theology, Jake, Matt, Cory or Jon would enlighten me and keep me in check. To be honest, this entire group of people were our family. Speaking of family, we will now have to watch my brother’s and sister’s children grow up via skype, and hopefully actually see them a few times a year. Memories can hurt; grieving is happening.
What my being informs me of in this situation, an ontological response if you will, is that the hope I have is that these memories, these friends, are legitimately a part of me and who I am today. As we embark on our ministry in Syracuse, people will experience a little bit of Cory and Vanessa, Tanner and Liz, Matt and Nicole, Jake and Jenny, Jon and Monica, Chad and Michelle, and many more. These people have laughed with me, cried with me, corrected me, listened to me and respected me.
It has been an honor and a privilege to live life with them and they are now apart of me and will always be in my heart. So, here’s ‘till next time…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home