Sunday, September 5, 2010

...you have heard

Hello friends,
My church and I will be going through a 10 week study of the "Sermon on the Mount" this fall. We also will be working through House Studio's "the Kingdom Experiment" as small groups throughout the entire church (teens through senior adults). This blog will likely have many lessons I will be learning as well as many areas in which I will be convicted. I ask you to journey with me, and recommend resources to me that you have possibly studied on this epic of epic sermon from Jesus Christ our Lord. Peace.

Books I will be reading:
1. The Cost of Discipleship - Bonhoeffer
2. The Divine Conspiracy - Willard
3. The Spirit of Disciplines - Willard
4. Reading the Sermon on the Mount: Character Formation and Decision Making - Talbert
5. Studies in the Sermon on the Mount - Chambers
6. The Sermon on the Mount - Inspiring the Moral Imagination - Allison
7. The Politics of Jesus - Yoder
8. The Original Revolution - Yoder

1 Comments:

Anonymous Eric said...

Levi, I would add Walter Wink's book: "The Powers that Be."

September 18, 2010 at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home