Tuesday, December 21, 2010

a cycle unbroken...

While on vacation, I have had some time to reflect on the "circle of life" if you will. As Katie and I are expecting a little girl in May, I watch my niece and nephew grow and the life of my brother and sister-in-law as they raise them. I reflect back on a few Christmas memories and remember what I was like as a kid, and I see myself in my three year old nephew. I remember the care free times of play and the constant understanding that life was good. I look back and see the sacrifices that my parents made to make the season of Christmas great.

Life is certainly changing, and now I will be passing out of the lifestyle of the quasi-carefree 20 something just out of school into a father. Nights will have less sleep, days will have less "me" time, and life, which seems to be in the fast lane will certainly enter into hyper-drive. As I ponder and reflect, I remember how my parents made it seem easy, I have watched my siblings raise their children, and now it's my turn.

In this cycle unbroken of life, we are born, we live, we age, and we repeat. I'm ready for this transition. I'm ready to begin my family and experience the joys and sorrows of parenthood, the give and take of raising children, and gaining a better understanding of what love really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home